Jul 26, 2007

A Conversation Between Two Men Pre-2007.


"If Theodore Dreiser were alive, I wonder if we would have feuded. He would stand in front of me, bespectacled and blazing in all of his Naturalist glory, and demand my stance on the union strikes. We would argue about Sacco-Vanzetti and their overall importance. He would hand me flyers and I would probably fail to administer them with the proper vehemence."

"I know whatcha mean. I wonder, too, if I would have fallen more in love with the more radical Sinclair Lewis's style. He would be frail and angry. He would hulk over me in spirit with his demanding demeanor like a tiger weeding out the sickly osprey. I know, I know."

"These are things I think about when work starts blathering about typos and action-oriented hybrid ads. Tomorrow, the world's blaze will penetrate my window. At some point, I will be sad that it matters and then, directly, I will run my bare feet over my wall to prove that nothing matters all that much. Do come by, little bird. We'll talk."

"BOY I'D SURE LIKE TO STICK MY BOOTSTRAPS UP JESSICA BEIL'S SLAUGHTERHOLE. YOWZA!"

"BOY HOWDY. SHE'S GOT SOME DAMN SLAPPERS ON HER KERNOODLE."

Boner erupts. Both men die. Lose two turns.

No comments: