Feb 25, 2008

Shamless Promo, of sorts.


I sent this off as a band bio. I think it works.

Fiercely loyal folk duo seeks audience for sad musics made by drunken buffoons. Audience must have taste for mangled catch phrases and biopics. Audience should appreciate the musical manifestation of fictitiously sad characters in place of the actual feelings of band members at times. Audience should realize that duo is just trying to put this thing right somehow-- to string the morose missives of malconents together with their bandaged split-torn skin and grafted-on understanding. Audience should neither pay any homages nor assume anyone is asking them to. Audience is encouraged to "keep it real" at all times, even maddeningly so. Audience should know that duo, at any given time, is at the end of their collective ropes, although they love you, and they do, they do, they do, they most certainly do.

I expect all of you to come on March 13th at 9:30 to the Tank in the Finanacial District. This will be beards' first live performance in exactly a year. I will be the drunk guy scared shitless of crowds and performing and the combination of the two. Now, if you will excuse me, I will start my heavy regiment of throwing up so I will look OK for the show.

OK, back to my dark layer with no talking and more drinking. There will be little more writing posted anytime soon.

4 comments:

G said...

Oh, stop being a wiener. Post more and quit your whining.

Business or Leisure? said...

COME TO MY SHOW AND SHUT YER MOU

Michael5000 said...

I like the band bio. I have a hard time getting to the "Financial District," though, what with rush hour and the continent in between.

Business or Leisure? said...

Air travel, bro. I mean, DAMN.